SLENDO 2019 encourages you to showcase your work in this unique forum. We welcome scientific work in the field of diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism that are innovative. Case reports or case series that describe a particular clinical problem and challenge the current treatment paradigm are also welcome. We welcome you to grab this opportunity to shape our scientific program and help ensure that the most relevant spectrum of topics is presented at the meeting.
Young Investigator Awards
Are you a young investigator less than 40 years?
Then hurry up and submit your innovative research to SLENDO 2019 and stand a chance to win one of the 5 Travel Grants worth USD 1400 to attend to ICE 2020 in Buenos Aires,Argentina!
Age should be less than 40 years by 03.06.2019
Applicant should be the primary investigator of the research
The deadline to submit abstracts is 3rd June, 2019 23:59 India Standard Time (IST).
SLENDO 2019 Abstract Submission Instruction
- Adrenal Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus/ Prediabetes
- Lipid/ Cardiovascular Disorders
- Metabolic Bone and Parathyroid diseases
- Hypothalamo-Pituitary Disorders/ Neuroendocrinology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Thyroid Disease
- Transgender care
Preparing the abstract
- All abstract submissions should be made electronically through, online abstract submission system.
- Abstracts describing original research, clinical trials or case study/series related to the above may be submitted.
- All research studies should have obtained ethics approval by a valid Ethics Review Committee.
- All clinical trials should be registered with a Clinical Trials Registry.
- Authors should be prepared to provide the approval document from the Ethics Review Committee (ERC) for research studies and registration number for clinical trials, upon request.
- A single author will be permitted to submit only a maximum of 3 abstracts.
- Authors should declare any conflict of interests at the time of submission.
- By submitting the abstract, you agree to present the abstract if selected for presentations (poster/oral) at the SLENDO 2019 – Colombo, Sri Lanka.
SLENDO 2019 reserves the right to make alterations and to edit the contents of the abstract to improve the quality of the presentation.
Format of an abstract for research articles
Only structured abstracts are accepted. Abstract should be structured according to the following sections.
The title of the abstract
Should be brief but adequately descriptive. Lower case letters should be used except at the beginning of the title and unless indicated.
Background / Introduction
One or two sentences to indicate the gravity of the problem.
The main objectives of the study.
Give sufficient details of study setting, subjects, selection process, measurements and analyses. Indicate the instruments used to measure variables and statistics used to analyze data. (Need not to indicate the software used for statistical analyses.)
Sufficient data to address objectives and support conclusions.
Should be based on results and observations of the study.References and acknowledgements are not required.
However, these can be included in the presentation.
Word Limit: 300 words
Format of an abstract for Case Report
The title of the abstract
Title should identify key components of your case report. When applicable, include components such as patient’s primary reason for seeking care, clinical assessment, and/or main treatment. Please include that it is a case report clearly on the.
Briefly describe the background for the case Explain why this case is noteworthy and what it adds to current knowledge.
This section should be the longest and most detailed part of the abstract. Relevant information may include basic demographics, patient’s main symptoms or other reasons for seeking care, clinical findings, clinical assessment, treatment plan, and health outcomes. Given the space limitations, include only the information relevant.
This section should state the main take-home? lesson(s) from the case. You may want to add a sentence or two about the implications of the case for current practice or future research.
Word Limit: 300 words
Following format should be used in preparation of abstracts of research articles or case reports.
Author’s surname should be given only as surnames followed by the initial(s). Prefixes such as Mr, Dr or Professor should not be mentioned (E.g. Perera AB) . The names of all authors and the places of work (one place of affiliation per person only) should be entered in the cage provided in the web portal or in the word form. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
The text of the abstract
- Should not exceed 300 words.
- Please use font type – Times New Roman | Size 12.
- The author/s should take full public responsibility for the research work/case reports and the contents reported in the abstract.
- Affiliations: must be listed below the authors.
When uploading the abstract as a MS Word document, please format as below.
Title: BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS
Authors: Last name followed by initials, with the presenting author underlined. A superscript number should be placed after each name to refer to the respective affiliations. (eg:-PereraAB1 , Silva CD2 ).
Body of the abstract: Structured with subheadings: Introduction and Objectives, Method, Results and Conclusions.
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12, Single line spacing
All submissions should include a self-declaration to cover the following issues
- Whether work has been presented or published previously.
- If presented, whether the current abstract provides new conclusions. A copy of the previous abstract should be included.
- Place and date of obtaining ethical approval (where relevant).
- Conflicts of interests
Submitting the abstract
All abstracts should be submitted online through the abstract submission web portal.
Please note that there is no facility to submit hard copies directly to the SLENDO office, please do not send abstracts via email. The language of the submission should be set to English (UK).
All abstracts should be uploaded at SLENDO online portal before 3rd June, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
Submitting the abstract using the web portal
Once all the required information is entered you could submit online.
Click here to submit. https://slendo.lk/abstract-submission
Informing the authors
- Abstracts not conforming to the above instructions will be rejected
- The SLCE reserves the right to select the free papers for poster presentations
- The corresponding author of each successful paper selected will be informed by email during the month of July 2019. Please note that NO amendments to the submitted abstracts (including the number of authors) would be entertained thereafter.